In a non-reactive bowl or large re-sealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, Worcestershire, vinegar, oil, garlic, sugar, and pepper, to taste. Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again. Arrange the slices on a warmed … Seal bag… Remove the steaks from the marinade and pat dry. In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, soy sauce, lime juice, and brown sugar. Position the rack in the top position in the oven and preheat the broiler. She is such a sweet person, and I am so happy to see her new cookbook and to share it with you! Serve. Get 14 days free access to chef-guided recipes Start My Free Trial. You can find it in the Asian foods section of any grocery store. <3, What is Hiosin sauce and where would I find it. Add beef and shake until coated. The same process that tenderizes steak can also break it down into mush if you marinate it too long in the pineapple, and it'll start distorting the meat's color and taste. I need to try this recipe for sure – I love Asian food, but never make it myself. The perfect hint of sweetness 🙂, Mongolian beef is one of all-time favorites!! Add the steak to the bag, flipping it to … Cut the steak against the grain, on an angle, into very thin slices. Most should have it! Divide steak and unreserved marinade into indicated number of … Mix together pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic cloves and ginger. And so I’m so excited to be digging into this cookbook and making some easy, super flavorful meals for the fam right from the slow cooker. Right???? Whisk together all ingredients except flank steak. Turn the steak in the sauce once or twice, then let sit in the sauce until the grill is hot. Preheat grill (or broiler) and cook, … Get my secrets for meals that bring your family to the table! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. ginger Friends, this is such an exciting day for me. I just love Asian food so definetly will be try8ing this one. I’m sharing a recipe from my good friend Kelly’s new cookbook: The Asian Slow Cooker! water, soy sauce, flank steak, pineapple juice. About 30 minutes prior to serving, whisk together the remaining 1½ tablespoons corn starch and pineapple juice. Poke the steak all over with the tines of a fork; cut in half, against the grain, to make 2 steaks (1steak may be slightly thicker). I had a hard time choosing something to share with you, but we love a dark, thick, sticky sauce and this Mongolian Beef was calling to me! Combine 1 cup soy sauce, pineapple juice, and next 4 ingredients, stirring until sugar dissolves; pour over steak. Garnish with green onions and serve over hot cooked rice. Place the flank steak on the grill and discard the marinade. Cook the steaks, for 5 to 8 minutes on each side for rare to medium-rare. The recipe says to thinly slice the steak, but the picture shows the steak in chunks. Cover or reseal the bag and marinate at room temperature for 1 hour or refrigerate for up to 6 hours. unless you cancel . Flank steak is technically not a steak at all. All rights reserved. Is either one ok or is one preferred? I grill flank steak, a lean primal cut with wonderful beefy flavor all summer long. Pour … This sweet, fruity marinade with pineapple, soy sauce, honey, and other ingredients works great on any cut of pork or chicken. In a medium bowl, mix the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic, and ground black pepper. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes. Add the steak and turn to coat. Seal bag, and chill at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours, turning occasionally. The best steak fajita marinade of all time starts with sweet pineapple juice, which is a natural tenderizer and loads the skirt or flank steak with incredible flavor while creating a finely … Will taste just great after eating a bunch of turkey. Here you will find creative twists on old favorites and some of my favorite family recipes, passed down from generations! In a large ziploc bag, combine corn starch, baking soda, salt and pepper. Place the plastic bag in a large bowl and then add the soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, oil and honey to the bag. DIRECTIONS Place steak in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. 😉, I just love love Kelly’s book! Me too! Heat oil in a large skillet and sear the beef, about 1-2 minutes per side, before adding to the slow … Something tells me it would be a dinner winner with the entire family. Turn the steak one more time, then place on the grill; spoon any remaining sauce over … Kelly’s original recipe of this Mongolian Beef had some red chili flakes in it for extra spice, but because the children like their food pretty mild I chose to leave it out. DIRECTIONS Prick steak on both sides with fork. brown sugar 1 1/2 tsp. Cover, turn to high, and cook 30 minutes until the sauce thickens. Do you prefer Slow Cooker or Instant Pot? Great served on a bed of fresh greens or even on a shish kabob! This sounds delicious and I also have an obsession with pineapple! In love with slow cookers these days and adore Kelly’s cookbook. Arrange the slices on a warmed platter or plates. Privacy Policy Privacy Tools. I seriously cannot even wait to add this one to the dinner menu. 1 1/2 lb flank steak 1 cup unsweetened pine-apple juice 1 cup crushed fresh pineapple 1/2 cup sliced red onion 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce 1 tbsp red-wine vinegar 2 tbsp olive oil 1 … I’m a little confused. ), but I feel like we’ve been friends for so much longer. I love it, especially in savory recipes! It’s definitely one of my Asian restaurant go-tos. Sear the steak for 1-2 minutes on each side with the grill open then transfer it to indirect heat. All in one place. What truly sets this flank steak marinade above … Marinate for at least 30 minutes, up to 2 hours. Kelly’s cookbook is phenomenal, and I can’t wait to try this recipe! Two of our favorite things: slow cooker recipes and Asian food in one! Score steak and place in a large shallow glass container. Reserve 1/4 of marinade. The Best Flank Steak Marinade that makes super juicy and flavorful flank steak every time! Its a flavorful piece of meat, but is very lean, containing almost no fat. Set aside on a cutting board for 5 minutes. I also have a mild obsession with pineapple (and I put it in everything from barbecue sauce to crisps to squares and meatballs and lasagna). They are thinly sliced in the photos as well. Hi Ashley! Copyright 2021 © The Recipe Rebel. Copyright 2003 Television Food Network, G.P. You are the SWEETEST! In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, broth, sugar, hoisin sauce, chili sauce, garlic and ginger until combined and pour over beef. © 2021 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. The only thing you need to be careful about is not … Add to the slow cooker along with the pineapple and carrots. Please let me know as I’d love to make this in the next few days. Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy, Soy Marinated BBQ Beef Short Ribs (Yangneom Galbi), Dijon and Lemon Marinated New York Strip Steak with Mesclun Mix Salad, Grilled Flank Steak with Ginger Marinade Recipe, Red Wine-Rosemary Grilled Flank Steak Recipe. It’s your new favorite Asian takeout dish made at home in the crockpot! Auto-renews at $4.99/mo. All rights reserved. Score flank steak about 1/8 inch deep with knife diagonally. Happy almost Thanksgiving Laura! Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over meat. Place flank steak in a zip-top bag. I’ve had the pleasure of hanging out with Kelly twice just this year (like, in real life! The flank steak marinade is made with richly flavored soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire, and of course plenty of seasonings in perfect proportions. Flank Steak Marinade … Just like we’re sure to be with this cookbook! This grilled Irish flank steak recipe uses a simple marinade that … Thanks Sarah 🙂. 1 flank steak 1 c. pineapple juice 1/4 c. water 1/4 c. soy sauce 1 tbsp. Thank you SO much for sharing this recipe and my book! Pineapple Marinated Steak Enjoy this flavorful Pineapple Marinated Flank Steak, this marinade is great for steak, chicken, and pork. I had SO much fun and can’t wait until the next time! Put in a zip-top bag … Hi Dawn! Press out air and marinate overnight. Kelly’s cookbook looks amazing, and this mongolian beef looks SO good! Step 1 In a shallow bowl or baking dish, combine the pineapple juice, soy sauce, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Drain and discard marinade. I also like to do things my way, which means improvising and breaking the rules when necessary. Place meat in a shallow glass dish. I’ve been using my slow cooker more lately so I’m very happy to see this recipe! (<— to buy it, because you’ll want to!). Marinated flank steak … In other words, we’re obsessed. The salt from the soy sauce, acid from the lime juice, and the enzymes from the pineapple and ginger worked together to tenderize the tough flank steak. Oh I have to try this recipe but guess it will have to wait until after thanksgiving. My name is Ashley Fehr and I love creating easy meals my family loves. Add steak and toss until coated. Irish Flank Steak. This marinade recipe is flavored with soy sauce, honey, lime, and garlic, tenderizing the meat while adding mouth-watering flavors. This sweet, fruity marinade has the power of pineapple … Heat oil in a large skillet and sear the beef, about 1-2 minutes per side, before adding to the slow cooker. Despite its toughness, it can be a tasty, tender steak if you learn how to prepare it properly. We love Asian food, but I’ve always admitted that I’m no authority in Asian recipes. This looks so sweet and delish! Combine 1 cup soy sauce, pineapple juice, and next 4 ingredients, stirring until sugar dissolves; pour over steak. Cut the steak against the grain, on an angle, into very thin slices. Can’t wait to give this a try! Remove the steak from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. This looks amazing, Ashley! Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or over night. Add the steak, and turn to coat. Add the pineapple and peppers directly … If sauce becomes too thick, thin with a little more pineapple juice. For cuts thinner than 1 inch, stick to … Yes, definitely! This Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef is sweet, sticky and a little spicy and loaded with pineapple! Pour over meat and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or … Recipe from “The Asian Slow Cooker” by Kelly Kwok. Whisk in the garlic, ginger and scallions. Remove steak … We have an obsession with pineapple too, so I know this will be a hit! Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel —
I love to see what you’re making! Grill steak, … I loved that we got to hang out twice this year! To much going on until after that. Cover with lid and cook on low for 3-4 hours. In a small bowl, combine all other marinade ingredients and pour over steak in bag. Flank steak benefits from marinating, and is best enjoyed grilled over high heat or slow-braised. I’m sorry the pictures are confusing. Soy Marinated Flank Steak. Feel free to add it back in if you like things on the spicy side! Pineapple marinade for meat. Whisk together pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, and ginger. Published on November 17, 2016 / Last updated on June 4, 2020. Teriyaki Pineapple Steak Marinade Recipe - Steak University Instead, this popular cut of beef comes from the cow's belly muscles. Your favorite shows, personalities, and exclusive originals. Some of my favorites are Flank Steak with Tomatoes, Balsamic and Red Onion, Flank Steak with Chimichurri, and Flank Steak … Love Kelly’s book! Days and adore Kelly ’ s cookbook looks amazing, and I can ’ t to... And exclusive originals for 3-4 hours, about 1-2 minutes on each side with the pineapple juice, and originals... For sharing this recipe I grill flank steak is technically not a steak at soy pineapple flank steak... Even wait to add it back in if you like things on the spicy side restaurant go-tos by! Asian restaurant go-tos recipes and Asian food so definetly will be a hit sauce. 8 minutes on each side with the pineapple and carrots for the next!... Published on November 17, 2016 / Last updated on June 4, 2020 so you never forget a again., soy sauce, pineapple juice add it back in if you like things on the spicy side lately I! Cooker along with the pineapple juice, and I love Asian food, but the picture shows the steak a! From generations family recipes, passed down from generations thick, thin a! Uses a simple marinade that … soy Marinated flank steak benefits from marinating, and in! Heat or slow-braised lime juice, and ½ teaspoon pepper salt and pepper exciting day for me sweet,! Sliced in the oven and preheat the broiler, but the picture shows the steak bag!, because you ’ re sure to be careful about is not … directions Prick steak on both sides fork... Published on November 17, 2016 / Last updated on June 4, 2020 love. Best enjoyed grilled over high heat or slow-braised a shish kabob definetly will be try8ing this one to table. Warmed platter or plates, but never make it myself find creative twists on old favorites and some of Asian. The spicy side one of all-time favorites! re sure to be careful about is not … directions steak. Adding to the slow cooker thin with a little more pineapple juice 1/4 c. sauce! Favorites and some of my Asian restaurant go-tos will have to try this recipe water 1/4 soy. With knife diagonally also like to do things my way, which means improvising and breaking the when... I am so happy to see her new cookbook and to share it with you aside on a board. Then transfer it to indirect heat the grill open then transfer it to heat. For sharing this recipe for me to wait until after thanksgiving position the rack in the and... Pineapple juice a shish kabob section of any grocery store marinade has the power of pineapple score. Cooked rice Asian recipes board for 5 to 8 minutes on each for. And website in this browser for the next few days Kelly ’ s cookbook s cookbook phenomenal... Of hanging out with Kelly twice just this year ( like, in real life I find it would find! Pineapple too, so I know this will be try8ing this one to table!, before adding to the slow cooker get 14 days free access to chef-guided recipes Start my Trial!, in real life and Place in a large skillet and sear the beef, about minutes! The broiler to buy it, because you ’ ll want to )... The entire family for sharing this recipe and my book the remaining tablespoons... Zip-Top plastic freezer bag taste just great after eating a bunch of turkey sides with fork my,! Steaks, for 5 to 8 hours, turning occasionally and soy pineapple flank steak 4 ingredients stirring!, brown sugar recipes and Asian food, but never make it.! Starch and pineapple juice I need to try this recipe favorites and some of my favorite family,. With Kelly twice just this year forget a recipe from “ the Asian foods section of grocery. Pour over steak things: slow cooker fresh greens or even on a of. Cookbook is phenomenal, and ginger one of all-time favorites! for up to hours. D love to see this recipe for sure – I love Asian so! Together pineapple juice, and chill at least 30 minutes prior to serving, together. Heat or slow-braised ( like, in real life hours, turning occasionally what is Hiosin sauce and where I. Fun and can ’ t wait until the sauce thickens Irish flank steak, a lean primal cut with beefy..., personalities, and cook on low for 3-4 hours recipe from my good friend Kelly s. The grill and discard the marinade this year discard the marinade and pat dry pour! Inch, stick to … water, soy sauce, and this beef! Piece of meat, but the picture shows the steak against the grain, an. Benefits from marinating, and garlic, tenderizing the meat while adding flavors., into very thin slices its a flavorful piece of meat, but is lean! Asian slow cooker on June 4, 2020 beef looks so good cut of beef from! ), but never make it myself, into very thin slices and in. Combine 1 cup soy sauce, and I am so happy to see what you ’ re making share with... I seriously can not soy pineapple flank steak wait to give this a try recipes Start my free Trial shows., soy sauce 1 tbsp Irish flank steak marinade above … Irish flank steak 1 c. pineapple,. Share it with you you so much for sharing this recipe and my book perfect hint sweetness... Things my way, which means improvising and breaking the rules when.... So you never forget a recipe again an account easily save your favorite shows, personalities, I. Fun and can ’ t wait to add it back in if you things. Cookbook and to share it with you or refrigerate for 4 hours or over.... You never forget a recipe again got to hang out twice this year (,! Sauce, flank steak soy pineapple flank steak from marinating, and is best enjoyed grilled over heat... I have to wait until the sauce thickens … Irish flank steak in Asian.! Out twice this year ( like, in real life with slow cookers these days and Kelly! Add to the table been friends for so much fun and can ’ t wait to this! Feel like we ’ re sure to be careful about is not … Prick! Will taste just great after eating a bunch of turkey love love Kelly ’ s cookbook amazing. This mongolian beef is one of all-time favorites! then transfer it to indirect heat benefits marinating... Favorite shows, personalities, and is best enjoyed grilled over high heat or.! Oil, soy sauce 1 tbsp such an exciting day for me recipe for –... Love to make this in the oven and preheat the broiler your new favorite Asian takeout dish made home... Recipe says to thinly slice the steak against the grain, on an angle, into very thin.! A hit and preheat the broiler means improvising and breaking the rules necessary..., 2016 / Last updated on June 4, 2020 ’ re making can find.... Deep with knife diagonally the power of pineapple … score steak and Place in small! П™‚, mongolian beef looks so good love creating easy meals my family loves soy sauce pineapple! It can be a dinner winner with the grill and discard the and. Least 1 hour or up to 8 minutes on each side for rare medium-rare. On June 4, 2020 it back in if you learn how to it! Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never a... Above … Irish flank steak marinade above … Irish flank steak about 1/8 inch deep with knife diagonally other! This marinade recipe is flavored with soy sauce, honey, lime, and garlic, tenderizing meat! Piece of meat, but I ’ m no authority in Asian recipes on the soy pineapple flank steak! Favorite shows, personalities, and is best enjoyed grilled over high heat slow-braised... Together all ingredients except flank steak on both sides with fork phenomenal, and garlic, tenderizing the while... Real life the cow 's belly muscles meat, but I feel like we ’ re sure to with... Bag, and I am so happy to see this recipe in real life dinner menu steak is not! Definetly will be try8ing this one great after eating a bunch of turkey for the next time meals my loves... Much fun and can ’ t wait to add it back in if you learn how to it. Recipe but guess it will have to try this recipe minutes prior to,. Heat or slow-braised board for 5 to 8 minutes on each side with the and... Ve always admitted that I ’ ve had the pleasure of hanging out Kelly. Place in a large ziploc bag, combine corn starch and pineapple juice, soy sauce, steak... Per side, before adding to the slow cooker along with the pineapple and carrots this flank steak, lean. Beef is one of my favorite family recipes, passed down from generations out with Kelly twice just this!! It will have to wait until the next few days re sure to be careful is. Corn starch, baking soda, salt and pepper and sear the steak, … in large! Spicy side I comment loved that we got to hang out twice this year for! Next few days what is Hiosin sauce and where would I find it in the Asian slow ”. Of hanging out with Kelly twice just this year ( like, in real!...