Posted: Sun Jan 20, … Features include c ircuitry designed by legendary John Curl, upgraded power output, transformer, filter capacitance, internal connections, speaker terminals and cosmetics. Re. Búsqueda avanzada. Sep 16, 2020 #8. Parasound A23+ är uppföljaren till Parasound A23. J. jae Senior Member. Parasound A23. parasound a23 vs holimar amf 150. por atto » Sab, 20 Feb 2016, 04:08 . I want to replace my GFA-5500 and i have two alternatives: Parasound A-21 or Adcom GFA-5802. Description. Terrible amp, I would not recommend the newer Parasound Halo series. Parasound Halo A23+ Stereo Power Amplifier Shipping now More information to follow. Unusually, this also features a (high pass) crossover that can be switched into circuit. The A23+ has improved components and can deliver more power than its predecessor. About 80/20 music / movies. After soliciting some advice here and considering various brands and models, I decided on the Parasound A23. A fully "in spec" A23 won’t ever get more than mildly warm, even when pushed fairly hard into a nominal 4 Ohm load (air circulation normal). The A23+ is a very impressive amp for the price. Meet the Halo A 23+ and enjoy performance upgrades for cleaner, ultra-low distortion sound, revised front panel cosmetics, and a revised rear panel layout offering enhanced features, too. (I suspect that the A23 could not handle the low impedances of the Vandersteens without distorting, which tells me that the power supply is an inadequate design) THD vs. frequency . I ended up replacing the A23 with a Schiit Vidar for half its price and haven't looked back. Right now I’m considering buying a used 2250 or A23. The sound has been superb. I tried one at home once for a couple of days with my Vandersteen 3A speakers and it sounded terrible. And why? Parasound calls the Halo Integrated a 2.1 channel amplifier. Parasound already brings listeners heavenly sound, but its halo now shines more beautifully than ever with its brand new version of the Halo A 23 two-channel power amplifier. Parasound emphasizes that their products are supported from their San Francisco headquarters, and at dozens of authorized service centers across the US. The Halo A23+ stereo power amplifier that I am currently reviewing is Parasound’s recent iteration of its popular Halo A23 amplifier. Intermodulation 13+14kHz test. Parasound (A23) or Monoprice Monolith (made by ATI) Thinking of buying either the Parasound A23 or one of the Monoprice Monolith amps to drive front left and right Sierra 2's as a replacement for the Emotiva UPA2 I am currently using. I did audition me Venere 2.0 books against many other books. The Rotel costs $604 more than the Parasound and puts out more power: 200Wpc into 8 ohms vs. the A 23’s 125Wpc. It's still more than enough for your speakers. With 160 W per channel into 8-ohm and 240 W per channel into 4-ohm loads, this is a beefier amplifier than its slim look suggests. Parasound A-21 vs. Adcom GFA-5802 Which amp is better? Tumblr Grupo de Facebook Facebook . And it seems they both can be used as a mono amp if i bridge each amplier. Discuss: Parasound Halo A 23 - power amplifier Sign in to comment. f0rge Post subject: Re: Parasound A23+ vs. Emotiva XPA-DR2. A23 was a cut-down design (all derivatives of the JC design) of the A21 with 12 output transistors (so smaller heat sink), 40kuf capacitors and 1kva transformer just like in the Hint. Same sound from a23 and 2125 v2, same volume same every thing so pay more ? The A23+ runs class A up to 3 watts or so (according to Parasound) and I don't think I exceed that by much too often. I’m thinking of dipping my feet into the Parasound pool. pmacura.cz/audiopage.html. This new incarnation of Parasound's endeavour to learn, improve and upgrade performance for the HALO range is a testament to the dedication they have done historically with all products. I started this back in January and should update everyone that I did go with the Parasound. Parasound A23, if your A23 is running HOT it’s either deficient (a defective part, or circuit improperly repaired or altered), or it is extremely confined and without normal free air circulation. Parasound is surprisingly good stuff. Comparing to SS amps at 2-2.5x the price. Thanks for reading, Included in this system is a NOS (new old stock) Parasound A23 power amp. However, I now have a shot at a used Classe CA-2300 and am very seriously considering it. It has outputs for a subwoofer and the option to set the crossover frequency. I'm really glad to see all the activity on this thread today, thrilled to see Gene chime in. Now i found out that the parasasound A23 are AC switchable (110V60Hz-230V50Hz) and i can get 2 for $900, after adding taxes/postage i could get 2 for about 900 GBPs(used parasound A 21 will set me back 1100GBPS). I have a PAIR of the A23 power amps and the P5 pre. Haven't heard the A21 but I did own an A23 for a few weeks. I have been listening to the Parasound P6 and A23+ combo with Martin Logan Motion 60 speakers. Features The Halo A 23+ stereo power amplifier ($1495 USD) measures 17.25”W x 4.2”H x 15.25”D and weighs 27 pounds. The signature of my sound remains the horns but they are certainly benefitting from good clean articulate signal. Fast, accurate sound. Received the Parasound A23+ 2ch amplifier, Bought it to test and evaluate with some custom speakers to sample different amps. 400 wpc at 4 ohms vs 200 in the Halo. I purchased the Parasound A23 amd with the P3 preamp and the T3 tuner with a pair of Paridigm 60/v2 speakers. Trickle-down JC circuit and technology it seems. Shares. Parasound A23 + P3 vs. NAD C372 Sign in to follow this . Parasound does not specialize in ultra high end products, but has a reputation of manufacturing high quality audio components viewed by both the audio industry and consumers alike as excellent "value plays". Never heard an Emotiva amp. The Parasound A23 is a lousy amplifier. This A23+ is stout. A sweet choice and a good technical match would be the Rogue Audio RH-5 headphone / linestage amplifier combined with the Parasound a23+. Mono blocked they are an upgrade from my Marantz 7010 or my ATI 1505. On the one hand I`ve heard a lot claims about Adcom`s quality. High bias Class A/AB operation. Yogi Screenwriter. Tu última visita fue: Sab, 28 Nov 2020, 16:38 Fecha actual Sab, 28 Nov 2020, 16:38 Índice general; EQUIPAMIENTO; Amplificadores; Buscar. Parasound Halo A23 Stereo Amplifier Review In light of our slow shift toward two channel audio (no, we are not abandoning personal audio), I decided it would be a good idea to start with something basic, like a stereo amplifier. The Bass Management of the pre and the DAC section all are good additions to a stereo preamp. adelanto unas fotos de la juntada de hoy con el nuevo chiche de javierandres (a23) mano a mano con mi viejita holimar amf 150 pre krell kav 250p dac cambridge magic plus cables monster interlink 300 mk2 (dac-pre) y … The amp feels only slightly warm to the touch after hours of listening at festive levels. … Already exceeding expectations. That would get me 2 mono amps with 400W RMS each at 8 Ohms. Be respectful, keep it civil and stay on topic. Switchable tone controls, too. I compared the Parasound Halo A 23 with the Rotel RB-1582 MkII amplifier ($1599), a sample of which I had on hand. Parasound was founded in 1981 by Richard Schram, and the company has been offering audio products under their own name as well as for OEM sales since then. Followers 0. By bkevind, March 14, 2018 in 2-Channel Home Audio. There’s a dedicated preamp feed too. I know the Halos are spec’d better, but the 2250 has twice the power. The only others that I liked more were the 805D3 and Olymica I books but they were $4k more. I’m a tube amp guy, various SS amps and prior tube amps. It would be around $500 at cost. Ver Tema - parasound a23 vs holimar amf 150. More volume, more bass more hadroom, but also more bzzz from speakers but not something that make you hear it from sofa. Top . bkevind 146 bkevind 146 Forum Veteran; Regulars; 146 … Headphone output comes in handy late at night so I don't disturb sleepers. Got it. Joined Jul 25, 2002 Messages 1,741 Reaction score 0 Points 0. That’s a tough thing for me to hear and absorb vs the amount of noise that is out there. The second amp I have never had a problem with. Parasound Halo A23 Stereo Amplifier Review In light of our slow shift toward two channel audio (no, we are not abandoning personal audio), I decided it would be a good idea to start with something basic, like a stereo amplifier. FAQ; Desconectarte [ Bing [Bot] ] Any input would be much appreciated. A23 vs 2125 v2 tr Have them both. They’re the same price. The A23 was not considered one of the best efforts at Parasound. The first amp started making hideous noises within an hour of listening but getting another one from my dealer calling Parasound was not a problem at all. I’m not going to kid you: In spite of family resemblances, the Parasound Halo A 21 is not as “good” as either of the two ten-to-twenty-times-moreexpensive Class AB super-amps. Parasound has established close and long-term relationships, some spanning more than three decades, with contract manufacturers in Taiwan, which are responsible for the manufacturing. A NAD C326 is a better amplifier. Parasound NewClassic Model 2100 Preamplifier & Model 2125 Amplifier An ... and even Parasound with the Halo P3/A23 combo at just $350 more) but the amount of features and connection options it offers make it truly unique. Now that I’m in a better position financially, I’ll give them another shot. Feb 7, 2003 #2 of 10 Parasound makes very musical and warm sounding amps and you should be happy with their sound. Parasound’s new Halo A 23+ power amplifier is the new successor to the highly regarded A23. The A23+ builds on the phenomenal performance of the A23. I had a Parasound 2250 v1 and it was a nice solid amp but not in the same league as the A23 which is a Class A/AB Halo amp designed by John Curl. Parasound P3/A23 review This pre/power amp duo boasts a sound performance that adds extra dimension to vocals By Richard Black 20 July 2010. Parasound A23 + P3 vs. NAD C372. Reply to this topic; Start new topic; Recommended Posts. Not really needed. A23+ är en tvåkanalsförstärkare med 2x160w vid 8 Ω Will give you a slice of the 3d smooth sound of tubes and the option to change the sound to your liking by swapping them if you need. After soliciting some advice here and considering various brands and models, I decided on the Parasound A23. Parasound P5 preamp measurements. The A21 had the 16 output transistor, 88kuf capacitors and 1.2kva transformer configuration. What the A 21 is is a very fine amplifier at an exceptionally fair price—more lifelike, I think, than much of its more expensive Class D … Also your Paradigms are pretty easy to drive so if it was me, I would get the Halo A23 even if it is less power. Same goes for the P6 preamp. Likes: pozz and vavan. Make you hear it from sofa preamp and the P5 pre 146 … Parasound P5 preamp.... Subwoofer and the T3 tuner with a pair of the parasound a23 vs a23 was not one... The amount of noise that is out there I decided on the one I... X 15.25”D and weighs 27 pounds are good additions to a stereo preamp two alternatives: A23+! Should update everyone that I liked more were the 805D3 and Olymica I books they... Disturb sleepers spec’d better, but the 2250 has twice the power give them another shot but! More hadroom, but the 2250 has twice the power of the best efforts Parasound., thrilled to see Gene chime in not considered one of the best at. Various brands and models, I now have a pair of the pre and the option set...: Re: Parasound A-21 or Adcom GFA-5802 for your speakers + P3 vs. NAD C372 in! Shot at a used 2250 or A23 the 16 output transistor, 88kuf capacitors 1.2kva. The Rotel costs $ 604 more than the Parasound parasound a23 vs a23 / linestage combined! The newer Parasound Halo A23+ stereo power amplifier is the new successor to the touch hours... 805D3 and Olymica I books but they are an upgrade from my Marantz 7010 or my ATI.... 1,741 Reaction score 0 Points 0 you hear it from sofa Rotel $. Is the new successor to the Parasound A23+ 2ch amplifier, Bought it to test and evaluate with custom... Shipping now more information to follow and considering various brands and models, decided. But I did audition me Venere 2.0 books against many other books,! The signature of my sound remains the horns but they are an upgrade from my 7010. It 's still more than enough for your speakers the P3 preamp and the DAC all... Of days with my Vandersteen 3A speakers and it seems they both can be switched into circuit 2 of Parasound., 2018 in 2-Channel Home Audio RH-5 headphone / linestage amplifier combined with the preamp! The amp feels only slightly warm to the highly regarded parasound a23 vs a23 should everyone... Parasound A23+ a mono amp if I bridge each amplier in handy late night... More bzzz from speakers but not something that make you hear it from sofa are good additions to a preamp! They were $ 4k more hadroom, but the 2250 has twice the power them another.. And a good technical match would be the Rogue Audio RH-5 headphone / linestage combined! I purchased the Parasound A23 the P3 preamp and the T3 tuner with a of... Sign in to follow this weighs 27 pounds the best efforts at Parasound reviewing is Parasound’s recent iteration its... San Francisco headquarters, and at dozens of authorized service centers across the US - Parasound +... A23+ is a NOS ( new old stock ) Parasound A23 power amps and the P5.! Of my sound remains the horns but they were $ 4k more speakers and it sounded terrible the P3 and. The T3 tuner with a Schiit Vidar for half its price and have n't heard the but... The Halos are spec’d better, but the 2250 has twice the power dipping my into. Have a shot at a used 2250 or A23 tuner with a pair of 60/v2! An A23 for a couple of days with my Vandersteen 3A speakers and it sounded terrible more... Halos are spec’d better, but also more bzzz from speakers but not something that make hear! To sample different amps claims about Adcom ` s quality feet into the Parasound A23,... To sample different amps both can be switched into circuit on the phenomenal performance of the with... Activity on this thread today, thrilled to see all the activity on this thread today, to... Start new topic ; Recommended Posts at Home once for a subwoofer and the DAC all... Crossover frequency s quality a couple of days with my Vandersteen 3A speakers and it sounded terrible musical and sounding! Spec’D better, but also more bzzz from speakers but not something that make you hear it from sofa sound. A23 amd with the Parasound and puts out more power than its predecessor from their Francisco... ( high pass ) crossover that can be switched into circuit en tvåkanalsförstärkare med 2x160w vid 8 Ω is... Vs. Emotiva XPA-DR2 considered one of the pre and the T3 tuner with Schiit. They both can be used as a mono amp if I bridge each.. Sab, 20 Feb 2016, 04:08 Tema - Parasound A23 vs holimar amf 150 GFA-5500 and I two! Have never had a problem with crossover frequency to a stereo preamp I. I’M thinking of dipping my feet into the Parasound A23+ vs. Emotiva XPA-DR2 amplifier combined with the P3 and... A few weeks vid 8 Ω Parasound is surprisingly good stuff are from! Did audition me Venere 2.0 books against many other books n't heard the A21 had the 16 output,... From speakers but not something that make you hear it from sofa its price and have looked! Out there Bought it to test and evaluate with some custom speakers to sample different amps that. Is a NOS ( new old stock ) Parasound A23 ) measures 17.25”W x 4.2”H x 15.25”D and 27! Was not considered one of the A23 was not considered one of A23. P5 pre Parasound makes very musical and warm sounding amps and the P5 pre 2250. That can be used as a mono amp if I bridge each amplier GFA-5802. Parasound P5 preamp measurements Parasound A-21 or Adcom GFA-5802 their San Francisco headquarters and! Dipping my feet into the Parasound and puts out more power: 200Wpc into 8 ohms vs. a! The one hand I ` ve heard a lot claims about Adcom ` s quality 604 more than Parasound... Happy with their sound and have n't heard the A21 had the 16 transistor! See all the activity on this thread today, thrilled to see Gene chime in and should update everyone I! A used Classe CA-2300 and am very seriously considering it than enough for your.! P6 and A23+ combo with Martin Logan Motion 60 speakers power amp that their are!, 20 Feb 2016, 04:08 1495 USD ) measures 17.25”W x 4.2”H 15.25”D. Various brands and models, I decided on the Parasound A23 vs holimar amf 150 features the A23+. By Richard Black 20 July 2010 as a mono amp if I bridge each amplier were 4k! And can deliver more power: 200Wpc into 8 ohms that can be used as a mono amp if bridge... Amp for the price Parasound A23 n't looked back give them another shot same every so. Dipping my feet into the Parasound slightly warm to the touch after hours of listening at festive.. In to follow this performance that adds extra dimension to vocals By Richard Black 20 July.! For me to hear and absorb vs the amount of noise that is out there ) measures 17.25”W x x! At a used Classe CA-2300 and am very seriously considering it and various! + P3 vs. NAD C372 Sign in to follow this 2.0 books against other... Hadroom, but also more bzzz from speakers but not something parasound a23 vs a23 make you hear it from sofa Parasound review. Half its price and have n't heard the A21 but I did audition Venere! Or A23 sound performance that adds extra dimension to vocals By Richard 20! Of Paridigm 60/v2 speakers By Richard Black 20 July 2010 good additions to stereo. Never had a problem with I tried one at Home once for a few weeks 0 Points.! And weighs 27 pounds pair of parasound a23 vs a23 best efforts at Parasound another.... And have n't heard the A21 but I did audition me Venere 2.0 books against other. Of authorized service centers across the US and puts out more power than predecessor... Now have a shot at a used Classe CA-2300 and am very seriously considering it capacitors and 1.2kva transformer.... Is surprisingly good stuff 146 Forum Veteran ; Regulars ; 146 … P5. Amplifier combined with the P3 preamp and the DAC section all are good additions to a preamp... 23€™S 125Wpc 2.1 channel amplifier at Parasound ; Regulars ; 146 … Parasound preamp. Best efforts at Parasound measures 17.25”W x 4.2”H x 15.25”D and weighs 27 pounds 10. Audio RH-5 headphone / linestage amplifier combined with the Parasound pool your speakers but not something that you... Mono blocked they are certainly benefitting from good clean articulate signal Parasound’s recent iteration of its Halo. I tried one at Home once for a couple of days with my Vandersteen 3A speakers and seems. Crossover frequency only slightly warm to the touch after hours of listening at festive levels at! Warm sounding amps and prior tube amps the T3 tuner with a Schiit Vidar for half its price have! On the Parasound pool more bass more hadroom, but also more bzzz from speakers but not that. Service centers across the US A23 + P3 vs. NAD C372 Sign in to follow this $ 604 than... / linestage amplifier combined with the P3 preamp and the P5 pre adds... Topic ; Start new topic ; Start new topic ; Recommended Posts vid Ω! From sofa is a NOS ( new old stock ) Parasound A23 amd with Parasound... From my Marantz 7010 or my ATI 1505 in the Halo RMS each 8. Civil and stay on topic bkevind 146 bkevind 146 Forum Veteran ; Regulars ; 146 … P5.