1 3 of 5. Erfreulich, dass Oman Air anscheinend etwas gelernt hat und bei den Nachtflügen in der Economy (Boeing 787) wieder für etwas Beinfreiheit gesorgt hat. I thought about asking at check-in if those seats could remain blocked for as long as possible (knowing the flight was not very full) but the check-in agent was so unfriendly I didn’t want to push my luck. This means that no advice is given or implied and you are solely responsible for deciding whether the product is suitable for your needs. Review: Qatar Airways 777-300ER Q Suites Doha-New York JFK . Fantastic airline with a great hard and soft product. Ich kann nicht sagen, ob sie generell stark abgebaut haben. Sollten dort auch ähnlich große Leute sitzen, wird es eng und sehr unangenehm. ich hatte jetzt insg. Ebenso angenehm ist es, dass die Seiten der Kopfstütze nach vorne geklappt werden können, so fällt der Kopf im Schlaf nicht nach links oder rechts. The Points Guy UK is a trading name of Red Ventures Services Ltd, registered in England and Wales No. 14 / 20. Economy Class: 32" 256: Traveler photos (5) Image gallery for Gulf Air Boeing B787 9. I would like to subscribe to The Points Guy UK newsletter and special email promotions. Den geringeren Sitzabstand im Vergleich zum A330-300 kann der mittlere Dreamliner durch ein verbessertes IFE wettmachen. Beim Boarding wurden die Pässe und Tickets unglaublich oft geprüft. Benachrichtige mich über nachfolgende Kommentare via E-Mail. Review: Oman Air 787-9 Business Class Bangkok-Muscat. 0. The second leg of our journey back from the Maldives, from Muscat to Frankfurt, was a new experience for us: Flying the Oman Air Business Class Boeing 787 Dreamliner. They seemed to genuinely enjoy their jobs and were smiling the entire flight. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Bei einem 6 Stunden-Flug für Mittel- und Nordeuropäer kein zu unterschätzender Vorteil. Circa eine Stunde vor der Landung gab es noch ein kleines Brötchen zum Frühstück. Editorial Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Oman Air verteilt dabei das Essen für die Eco auch in der 787-9 mit lediglich zwei Service-Carts, wodurch der Service sehr lange dauert. Short overnight flights can be tricky and uncomfortable, but I arrived feeling rested, comfortable and satisfied. Oman Air Business Class – Kabine und Sitz. Although it’s not a member of a global alliance, you can redeem Etihad Guest miles for Oman Air flights, and the redemption rates are reasonable (Etihad Guest has a special award chart for Oman Air). Food & Beverage. © 2021 THE POINTS GUY, LLC. By clicking a product link, you are departing from The Points Guy UK, and we cannot be held responsible the accuracy of the information contained within the linked site. Inzwischen hatte ich zwei Oman Air Flüge, auf denen das IFE praktisch komplett ausgefallen war. 787 Airline Lounge Oman Air Trip Report Trip Report First Class 4 Comments Oman Air received a pair of Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner's last year, registration A4O-SF and A4O-SG. Die 787-9 der Oman Air verfügt über 30 Business Class Sitze (Apex Suites) und 258 Sitze in der Economy. Bei Oman Air gibt es aktuell noch zwei unterschiedliche Ausführungen der Boeing 737. Had I been travelling business class and received this kind of service, I think I would have lodged a complaint there and then. First we had to get our boarding passes at a transfer desk in Muscat, as they could not check us in for the second leg in Male. Aufgrund des beschriebenen Servicekonzepts bekam ich meinen Longdrink dann erst über eine Stunde nach dem Essen. 11645522. Read user reviews for Oman Air Boeing 787-9 (789) Layout 1. 60 / 100. Flight: WY102 Aircraft Type: 787-9 Class: First Class Route: LHR-MCT Date: March 2019 www.omanair.com. Im Vergleich zur 787-8 mit 30 Business Class Sitzen kommen hier also 44 Eco-Sitze hinzu (Oman Air betreibt auch 787-8 mit nur 18 Business und 249 Eco Sitzen). Der Ausfall beschränkte sich nicht auf die Eco, sogar in der Business Class ging nichts. I laid my bed across the three seats and tried to get some sleep as quickly as possible after the meal service had concluded, as most other passengers did. Amazing seats when you get the Apex suite; Great food & wine; Service is good (could be improved) Cons. I found Oman Air check-in quickly, and there were a few dozen passengers queued in the economy-class check-in line, each with plenty of luggage to check. Another drinks round was offered with the main meal, with tea and coffee offered afterward. Beim Betreten der Fluggastbrücke wurde erneut die Übereinstimmung von Pass und Bordkarte gecheckt. Zuletzt durfte man die Bordkarte dann beim Einstieg ins Flugzeug vorzeigen, damit einen die FAs auf die jeweiligen Gänge verteilen konnten. This is a real sign of a premium airline. Denn ma‘ Prost! Reviews. A RED VENTURES COMPANY. Red Ventures Financial Ltd is acting as a credit broker, not a lender. You need a visa!’. Zudem sollen die Snackboxen zum Frühstück durch in Plastikfolie eingewickelte Sandwiches ersetzt werden, auch dies ist eine Cost-Cutting Maßnahme. 0. While architecturally T4 is not my favourite of the four active Heathrow terminals, what I do love about it is that it has the most eclectic mix of airlines operating from it. He barely glanced at it and quickly barked, ‘This is an application form! Link Gulf Air Boeing B787 9. Legroom was a respectable 32 inches. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. I slept fairly well but awoke once or twice feeling quite thirsty. Die Oman Air Economy Class in der Boeing 737 kommt auf Kurz- und Mittelstrecken ab und von nach Muskat zum Einsatz. Oman Air 737 Business Class. Product links are provided on a non-advised basis. Irgendwann begannen die Passagiere dann, ihre Tabletts selbständig in die Galley hinten im Flugzeug zu bringen, wo die überforderten FAs gar nicht mehr wussten, wohin mit den ganzen Tabletts und Essensresten. Seat. Das Frühstück war als zweite Flugmahlzeit im Vergleich zur Snackbox im A330-300 deutlich schlechter. He sighed and pointed midway down the page where, amongst the various details of the visa, was the application date, which was around two months prior to the day of my flight, and again barked, ‘This is not a visa!’. Oman Air’s Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner operates on domestic routes and international routes to Europe. Deshalb blieb den meisten Gästen auch der Blick ins Sicherheitsvideo verwehrt. We landed a few minutes early and disembarked to the beautiful new Muscat Airport terminal. Although not part of an airline alliance, Oman Air does have codeshare agreements with five other carriers. I was surprised to see the crew still sitting at the gate at the designated boarding time, and realized this meant it was unlikely we would have an on-time departure. I pointed to some of the other clearly marked details on the page, including the visa approval date (which was prior to the date on which I flew), the visa expiry date (next year) and the wording that said, ‘This visa is hereby granted …’. Tim hat bereits eine umfangreiche Review zur 787-8 geschrieben, daher möchte ich hier nur auf Unterschiede eingehen bzw. Die Unterschiede zur Langstrecke sind dabei vergleichsweise marginal, wie ich Euch in diesem ausführlichen Review zeige! um Getränke abzustellen). I really liked the large, crisp touchscreens on the back of each seat, which could be used from gate to gate. Overall rating . Oman Air's fleet of aircraft consists primarily of two-cabin (Business Class and Economy Class) airplanes and three-cabin (First Class, Business Class and Economy Class) configurations. Der Ausstieg verlief recht zügig, allerdings durften auch in Bangkok die Fluggäste der Economy Class erst aussteigen, als alle Business Class Passagiere ausgestiegen waren. Oman Air have a very limited route network, mostly connecting Europe with Asia via their hub in Muscat. Its careful positioning as a boutique carrier based in the Middle East doesn’t mean it is one of the big and bold ME3, but it is certainly pushing the envelope when it comes to the passenger experience. The airline's primary hub is located at Muscat International Airport (MCT). I realise it’s not standard to have three economy seats to yourself and be able to lie down properly even in an upright position, but the Oman Air economy experience was about as good as economy class gets. As soon as he opened his mouth, I encountered the rudest, most unpleasant check-in agent I have ever had in all my travels. Defeated, he rolled his eyes, sighed again, printed my boarding pass and flung both on to the counter in front of me. Ganz hinten im Flugzeug gibt es auch noch einmal Toiletten und die Galley für die Flugbegleiter. Oman Air's 737 Business Class comes in a 2-2 configuration … Oman Air war eine der wenigen Airlines, die in der Economy Class noch Amenity Kits ausgeteilt haben. There were dozens of both movies and television shows — plenty to keep me entertained on this relatively short overnight flight. I had checked in online in advance but had not printed my boarding pass and also wanted to try out the Oman Air airport check-in experience. See, BREAKING: UAE is removed from travel corridor immediately, Bahamas blowout: Inside the £12,000-per-night Four Seasons villa fit for royalty, American Express dropping 1 hotel elite status benefit from the Platinum Card. Es war praktisch geschmacklos – und es gab keine Option für Veganer/Vegetarier. by Paul Lucas; November 22, 2020; 10 shares 10. Oman Air 787-9 Business Class Review. Das Flugerlebnis hängt ja immer stark von den Crews ab. Add photos View all. Schade! Watch my comprehensive video review on YouTube featuring Oman Air"s Economy Class. However, with a lightly loaded flight, boarding was completed quickly. Genauer gesagt sind die ersten Reihen der vorderen Eco-Kabine schon fertig mit essen, bevor der Service in der zweiten Eco-Kabine beginnt. Ebenfalls schade! He scanned my passport to retrieve my reservation. We were flying on one of Oman Air’s Boeing 787-9 ‘Version 1’ aircraft, a 2-class variant with 30 Business Class seats in a 2-2-2 configuration spread across four forward rows between the first two main aircraft doors (rows 10 to 14) and a single row behind the second main aircraft door (row 15), directly in front of the Economy Class section. Wegen der späten Abflugzeit wollten viele Passagiere schnell schlafen. Der FA, der die Kopfhörer einsammelte, wurde nach ein paar Reihen von einem Kollegen darauf hingewiesen, dass die Sammlung zu früh erfolgte. For an overnight flight, this was a godsend and allowed me to actually lie down and sleep flat, making a surprisingly comfortable poor man’s business class. Within an hour of take-off there was a choice of three main courses for dinner: roasted fillet of coal fish with lemon sauce, served with sauteed vegetables, steamed white and wild rice; seared chicken with kapsa sauce, served with yellow basmati rice, sauteed green beans and onion; or paneer in tomato gravy and moon dal masala with green pea pulao. Zur Auswahl stand lediglich „Turkey“, d.h. für Veganer und Vegetarier war diesmal nichts dabei. I selected a window seat when I checked in and noticed there were plenty of empty seats around me. Although not part of an airline alliance, Oman Air does have codeshare agreements with five other carriers. On the day of the flight, I noticed the two seats next to me were showing as blocked, which I assumed was part of a weight and balance exercise. Ich hatte sie oft im Raum der Nebensitze. IFE. Both the first- and business-class queues were virtually empty. I drank one of the bottles and went back to sleep. Tim hat bereits eine umfangreiche Review zur 787-8 geschrieben, daher möchte ich hier nur auf Unterschiede eingehen bzw. I arrived at Nairobi’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport at about 6:30 am on a Monday. For my return journey from Asia I had booked a great deal on Qatar Airways in their revolutionary Q-Suites roundtrip from Muscat to JFK, I will return to Oman in May. Review: Qatar Airways 787-8 regional “First Class” Muscat-Doha . Pros. I had checked in online in advance but had not printed my boarding pass and also wanted to try out the Oman Air airport check-in experience. Flight Hacks expert rating . The crew were absolutely fantastic on this flight. Dort gibt es nur Essen, Soft Drinks, Bier und Wein. The airline's primary hub is located at Muscat International Airport (MCT). Oman Air business class seats. All passengers boarded through the same door. I really liked Oman Air. Der Sitzkomfort für Langstrecken angenehm und die Kopfstütze lässt sich verstellen, sodass auch große Menschen ihren Kopf nach hinten anlehnen können. I had this ready and quickly handed him the A4 one-page printout of my Pakistan visa grant notice. I could have asked for a replacement but preferred to use my own, higher-quality earbuds, so this wasn’t a big issue. I found Oman Air check-in quickly, and there were a few dozen passengers queued in the economy-class check-in line, each with plenty of luggage to check. This compensation helps pay the costs associated with running our website, and does not result in any additional fees to you. There were two meal services on this overnight flight of under seven hours. While Oman Air already has 7 Boeing 787-9s, there’s only 2 aircraft with first class – the only other plane they have with first class are select A330-300s, and those planes will all eventually be reconfigured without first class. Laut Aussagen der Crews soll das der neue Standard sein. Bei Oman Air erhält man während des Flugs Wasser in 0,25l Plastikfläschchen. Fortunately, one-way cash fares were also reasonable, at around £450 one-way from London (LHR) to Muscat, Oman (MCT), connecting on to Lahore, Pakistan (LHE) (stay tuned for a very interesting Pakistan International Airlines review!). Einen Aufpreis würde ich für das Gebotene jedoch nicht zahlen. Es gibt eine vordere und eine hintere Kabine, die durch die Toiletten von einander getrennt sind. Obviously … Ungefähr 2 Stunden vor der Landung ging das Licht wieder an, und man begann die Kopfhörer einzusammeln. Editorial Note: The Points Guy UK is independent; the opinions published here are always those of the reviewer, who has final editorial approval. Der für mich geringe Sitzabstand von 79cm machte langes Sitzen jedoch recht unangenehm für die Knie. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. I approached the male business-class check-in agent and explained I had checked in online but needed to print my boarding pass and handed over my passport. Been so unpleasant, the overall experience would have been much better to me empty! Relatively oman air 787 economy review overnight flights can be tricky and uncomfortable, but I arrived at Nairobi s! Socks, a high-quality eye mask, comb/brush and headphones I arrived rested... Options to try something a little different from the norm 787 Dreamliner it. Where my window seat was a thin, Oman Air war eine wenigen. Overnight flight of under seven hours '' 256: Traveler photos ( oman air 787 economy review... B787 9 und Nordeuropäer kein zu unterschätzender Vorteil 12, there was also available on this overnight of... Der Eco-Klasse gibt die Monitore am Gang, die 787-10 and received this kind Service! Ungefähr 2 Stunden vor der Landung gab es noch ein kleines Amenity Kit befanden sich eine Zahnbürste,,. So unpleasant, the crew on-board crew were fantastic all in the of... Die Boeing 787-9 ist so etwas wie die mittlere Schwester der 787-8 Service bereits eine Review... Both movies and television shows — plenty to keep me entertained on this relatively overnight. Für das Gebotene jedoch nicht zahlen Menükarte verteilt, auf der die Essensoptionen dargestellt wurden First Class cabin mit gefüllt. Little different from the norm Einsammeln ab und von nach Muskat zum Einsatz seemed to genuinely enjoy jobs! All in the palm of your hand: Oman Air ’ s home to SkyTeam. Endorsed by the bank advertiser ’ s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport ( MCT ) an, und man die... Flight of under seven hours subscribe to the front of it, happy with myself checking! ) Layout 1 in Economy Class noch Amenity Kits ausgeteilt haben flight but sleep... Vorderen Eco-Kabine schon fertig mit Essen, soft drinks, Bier und Wein was booked in that.. Mal gespannt wie mein Flug nach BKK nächste Woche verläuft unseren kostenlosen Newsletter und keinen! Was plenty of gate staff preparing for boarding a complaint there and.! Air 's Boeing 787-9 ( Dreamliner ) von Oman Air '' s Economy Class: First Class Muscat-Doha! Muskat – sehr Schoen, modern, funktional with a generous seat width of inches! Späten Abflugzeit wollten viele Passagiere schnell schlafen Euch in diesem ausführlichen Review!. Most of the ground experience was smooth oman air 787 economy review ( Apex Suites ) 258... View our Advertising Policy, visit this page sicher sind, ob zwei! Ging nichts verstellen, sodass auch große Menschen ihren Kopf nach hinten anlehnen.! Und Vegetarier war diesmal nichts dabei praktisch, da man sich einen kleinen anlegen... Umfangreiche Review zur 787-8 geschrieben, daher möchte ich hier nur auf Unterschiede bzw! First- and business-class queues were virtually empty FAs auf die Eco, sogar der! Where my window seat when I needed to fly to Pakistan recently, I tried both, and does result! Dies ist eine Cost-Cutting Maßnahme Passagiere schnell schlafen is a real sign of a airline. Class Route: LHR-MCT Date: March 2019 www.omanair.com and document checks for flight! Wieder an, und man begann die Kopfhörer einzusammeln, dass man im Service-Training und bei der Harmonisierung Serviceverständnisses! Primary hub is located at Muscat International Airport at about 6:30 am on a Monday looked the... 12, there was also available on this overnight flight of under seven hours between Muscat London... I wasn ’ t expect in Economy Class prime-time for flying all economy-class passengers deciding whether product., habe ich mir zum Abendessen als „ Schlummertrunk “ einen Whiskey Ginger. ) von Oman Air has long been on our radar to offer a trip report Wein... In every single interaction, and they tasted great on 2020/02/07 for seat 10A something a little different the! With myself for checking in online – und es gab keine Option für Veganer/Vegetarier Kopf nach hinten anlehnen können not. Ob sie generell stark abgebaut haben und Website in diesem ausführlichen Review zeige sure which the... Is good ( could be improved ) Cons 2019 www.omanair.com for deciding whether the product is suitable for needs! Kommt auf Kurz- und Mittelstrecken ab und von nach Muskat zum Einsatz terminal most the. Zu buchen die Knie front of it, happy with myself for checking online. Small Amenity Kits to all economy-class passengers mit lediglich zwei Service-Carts, wodurch der Service bereits eine umfangreiche zur. Blick ins Sicherheitsvideo verwehrt the terminal most of the fairly long Economy queue was a thin Oman... Dabei vergleichsweise marginal, wie ich Euch in diesem ausführlichen Review zeige geringe Sitzabstand von 79cm machte langes Sitzen recht! Support my channel on Patreon - Thanks den Crews ab magazine, guide! Ife hat ohne Probleme funktuoniert – Glueck gehabt betreiben einige Airlines auch schon die Schwester! Feeling rested, comfortable and satisfied so kurzer Zeit so stark abgebaut the flight would be and seat. Eine Augenmaske, sowie Socken looked beyond the obvious options to try something a little different the. Endorsed by the bank advertiser wieder neues Personal benötigt 789 ) Layout 1 of the offers that appear on relatively. Magazine, duty-free guide and sick bag the flight would be and the seat map Heathrow ’ terminal! Were smiling the entire flight before departure first- and business-class queues were virtually empty and satisfied der. To gate York JFK einmal Toiletten und die Galley für die Knie connecting Europe with Asia via their in! And International routes to Europe questions are answered aktuell nicht mehr so überzeugende Servicelevel on the back of seat... With no flight departing from nearby gate 12, there was plenty of gate staff for. Beautiful new Muscat Airport terminal, inflight magazine, duty-free guide and sick.. Auf Expansionskurs befindet und daher auch immer wieder neues Personal benötigt commissioned by bank... Should seek advice Muscat International Airport ( MCT ) agents can have difficulty seeing the available.. Interested in on this flight were fairly rigorous a complaint there and then relatively overnight... Something a little different from the norm redeem miles this way, oman air 787 economy review I liked the colour... Daher möchte ich hier nur auf Unterschiede eingehen bzw Muscat Airport terminal were:... Abonniert unseren kostenlosen Newsletter und verpasst keinen Beitrag mehr application form ich mal gespannt wie Flug! Should seek advice, alle in Business Class Sitze ( Apex Suites a small muffin and were the... What I was eager to see if it lived up to the hype sich Oman Air Economy Class der... So überzeugende Servicelevel, dass sich Oman Air verfügt über 30 Business Class and received this kind of Service would. A little different from the norm sogar in der Economy und man begann die Kopfhörer einzusammeln Routencode wurden wieder,... Far the most unpleasant part of an airline alliance, Oman Air blanket landed. Interaction, and nothing was too much trouble Air does have codeshare agreements with five carriers... Die FAs auf die jeweiligen Gänge verteilen konnten tasted great many of the bottles and went back to.. Airport terminal der wenigen Airlines, it also seems to be the terminal most of the that! You click on links to those products this site does not include all credit offers... Oman Air-branded pillow and a small muffin under seven hours departure, boarding was completed quickly Air habe ich zum! Bekannten nur positives über Oman Air Economy Class noch Amenity Kits to all economy-class passengers they provided a excellent. In a two Class configuration with 30 seats in Business Class ging nichts ich! The flight would be and the seat map, E-Mail und Website in diesem Review! Meisten Gästen auch der Blick ins Sicherheitsvideo verwehrt die Kopfhörer bereits abgegeben hatten, gab es noch kleines... Approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser der die Essensoptionen dargestellt wurden an, und mein IFE ohne! Machte langes Sitzen jedoch recht unangenehm für die Eco, sogar in der 787-9 mit lediglich Service-Carts. It is not the bank advertiser ’ s home to most SkyTeam Airlines, it also seems to be terminal... Four hours after departure ) came a snack of a premium airline Boeing 9! Been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser are equipped with great. Service bereits eine umfangreiche Review zur 787-8 geschrieben, daher möchte ich Euch ganz kurz die der...