Lift up the discharge chute and pull the metal deflector outward and upward. Please advise. Lawn Tractor with 42-inch Deck. Mulching blades have a different design than standard lawnmower blades. Raise and hold plastic discharge chute on mower deck. Shop great deals on John Deere Lawnmower Mulching Kits. .hide-if-no-js { 1 of 1 Found Helpful. Whether you are looking for a Mulch Kit for your John Deere Riding Lawn Mower or a Mulching Kit for your John Deere Commercial or Residential Zero Turn Mower, chances are there is a mulcher kit available for your John Deere Lawn Mowing Equipment. What are the names of Santa's 12 reindeers? Repeat this step to install the mulching blade on the other side of the deck as well. 10 years old, if I fit a mulch kit can I switch from mulch to side discharge ? However, we found a mulch kit that will fit the X540. Since your mower is 10 years old you cannot switch from mulch to side discharge. No more than 1/3 of the grass blade should be cut off at one time. To install the mulch plug on your John Deere tractor, lift the discharge chute up. Click to see full answer. Place the mulch plug into the deck discharge chute opening with the carriage bolt threads facing upward.  Fit the mulch plug onto the mower deck lip and remove the tape from the metal deflector and discharge chute so that it falls into place. What is the difference between mulching blades and regular? ... My leaves are just starting to come down so it will be used a lot in the coming weeks. Export to Excel. Hi Robert. How do you install a mulch kit on a John Deere x350? Most blades have the word “bottom” stamped on them, or they have a model number imprinted onto the underside. In Consumer Reports' mower tests of the X350 and the Z335E, bagging was top-notch, and side-discharge and mulching were almost as good.  ×  MulchControl™ Kits, with the pull-of-a-lever technology, are available on S240 Riding Mowers with Accel Deep™ Mower Decks, Select Series Mowers, Signature Series Mowers, and all Residential ZTrak™ Mowers. I also tried to move the bolts a little bit to adjust it, but the bolts don’t move. How can you tell if a table is proportional? How to Change the Deck Belt on a John Deere Riding Lawn Mower. this item john deere 48" mulch control kit part #: bm24993 GY20417 48" John Deere Mulching Cover Fits L120, L130, LA130, LA140, LA145, 155C John Deere GY00115 Mulch Cover Fits 100, D, L, and LA Series Mowers w/42" Decks Use your gloved hand to hold the blade in place while tightening the holding nut with your wrench. These instruction state there is a bolt hole. Deere’s MulchControl kit does away with the need to … Fit the mulch plug onto the mower deck lip and remove the tape from the metal deflector and discharge chute so that it falls into place. I am not sure what to do so that the blade does not touch – any help would be greatly appreciated! How do you install a Gator mulching blade? The mulch cover (A) or mulch plug kit is not compatible with the installation of the 2-bag bagger. X350. Hold chute firmly on mower deck when installing. Park the mower on a level surface and disengage the blades. Use a gloved hand to keep the blade from turning while removing the nut. The 42A cut-and-throw chute is easy to install and securely held in place at the front and rear to provide a tight seal between the mower deck and the chute. The John Deere MulchControl Kit is a feature for switching between discharging and mulching. Whether you are looking for a Mulch Kit for your John Deere Riding Lawn Mower or a Mulching Kit for your John Deere Commercial or Residential Zero Turn Mower, chances are there is a mulcher kit available for your John Deere Lawn Mowing Equipment. The 42A cut-and-throw chute is easy to install and securely held in place at the front and rear to provide a tight seal between the mower deck and the chute. Fit the mulch plug onto the mower deck lip and remove the tape from the metal deflector and discharge chute so that it falls into place. Before performing any maintenance on your John Deere tractor, refer to your owner’s manual for maintenance and safety information. A mulching blade looks like a high-cut blade, but with more cutting areas. How to Install a Mulch Kit on a John Deere 42 Mower Deck. The John Deere MulchControl Kit is a feature for switching between discharging and mulching. Remove mulch cover or mulch plug kit before installing bagger attachment. Anyway, I figured that all I needed to begin my leaf and grass clipping mulching program was a mulching kit from John Deere. ... Ballast c CAUTION: Avoid injury! The Select Series X300 Ride-on Mowers from John Deere - manoeuvrability masters designed for homeowners who mow up to 3.5 acres and have varied terrain and light- to moderate-duty yard tasks. Drive the front wheels of your tractor onto blocks of wood to create working space under the mower deck. Did you find this helpful? Green-Parts-Direct.com stocks a wide inventory of parts for John Deere power equipment. Mulch kits generally include mulching blades and a mulching plug, along with necessary hardware for installation. How to Install a Mulch Kit on a John Deere 42 Mower Deck. (107-cm) Accel Deep (42A) Mower Deck makes mulching more practical for many mowing situations because it not only does an excellent job of mulching but it also allows the mower to be easily converted for times when it is more desirable to side discharge or collect the lawn material. Thanks. Beside above, what does a mulch cover do? © AskingLot.com LTD 2021 All Rights Reserved. The mulch blades chop grass clippings into smaller pieces than the standard blades, and those smaller pieces decompose faster and help return nutrients back into the soil, keeping your grass healthy. (107-cm) Accel Deep (42A) Mower Deck makes mulching more practical for many mowing situations because it not only does an excellent job of mulching but it also allows the mower to be easily converted for times when it is more desirable to side discharge or collect the lawn material. John Deere X350 Lawn Tractor with 48-inch Deck Request a Quote 844-551-5594 Build & Price Your Own Apply for Financing Powered by 18.5 hp (13.8 kW)* iTorque™ Power System ... John Deere. Lawn Tractor with 42-inch Deck. Just so, how do you install a John Deere discharge chute? Now that the old blades have been removed, it’s time to replace them with the new blades included in the mulch kit. Just got an e170 and got the mulching cover. The mulching attachment allows converting the mower so it can be used to mulch grass or leaves. 4 8C Mulching kit from John Deere. display: none !important; Tighten the locking wing nut. To install a mulch kit on a John Deere tractor, begin by removing the mower blades. But the kit they recommend for this mower (42-in mulch kit (228462)) is only a plastic cover. The replacement toe guard is intended to remain on the mower deck and to be used for any mower application - bagging, side discharging, or mulching. The primary difference between a mulching blade and a regular blade is shape. New John Deere X350 42-inch Deck Riding Mower w/ attachments and implements. Mulch ON with the push of a button right from your seat with the MulchControl Kit and One Touch Technology. John Deere TriCycler Mulch Kit 38-inch Deck The mulching attachment allows converting the mower so it can be used to mulch grass or leaves. ... 5.0 out of 5 stars Mulching kit for John Deere x350 is a snap! All MulchControl™ Kits from John Deere include mulching blades for best grass mulching … John Deere Mulch Kits are available for a variety of John Deere Lawn Mowers of different types. When the baffle is closed, the mower is set to mulch mode and will … There is no where for the rear hook. I just bought a mulching kit for my GM2072 finish mower. How do you clean white shaker kitchen cabinets? This returns nutrients back to the ground and can help reduce the amount of watering required. Repeat this blade removal step for the mower blade on the other side of the deck. Hello; I have a john deere x540, approx. (Gator blades have the words "Grass Side" imprinted on that side.)". await your response, regards paul. The flat, smooth side of the blade should be facing down toward the grass. 48″ deck. This is what I got from Lowes: Item # 521666 / Model # BG20982 / John Deere D110 19-HP Hydrostatic 42-in Riding Lawn Mower Before I purchased I was shopping around and I noticed most mulching kits for other mowers came with a different blade. All MulchControl™ Kits from John Deere include mulching blades for best grass mulching … I have an X320 that had a mulch kit installed when I purchased it 10 years ago. The air coming out from the lawn mower deck blew them all over the place. MulchControl for the 42-in. It is a mulch kit that you cannot go to normal mowing without removing the entire mulch kit. Or bag your clippings. 2 Continue reading to learn how to install a mulch kit on your John Deere tractor. Then mow as you would normally and make a second pass at a right angle to the first to thoroughly mulch the clippings back into the grass. I removed the kit, as I thought I had left some grass, but it is very clean. To maintain steering control and stability always use the recommended ballast. I could have simply mowed over the leaves with what I had (the side discharge chute), but it took a lot of extra time trying to “catch” the leaves. Fast & Free shipping on many items! X350. Export to Excel. John Deere Mulch Kits are available for a variety of John Deere Lawn Mowers of different types. Had left some grass, but it is very clean the Accel 42 mower... Display: none! important ; } installation NOTE: to raise metal! Sure what to do so that it can be used to mulch grass or leaves plug... Holes refers to the baffles in a clockwise direction it possible to return nutrients to yard... Into the mounting hole on the underside rear hook and upward on 11/1/2017 no used a lot the. To follow the 1/3rd rule yard for quicker decomposition model number, these instructions may vary. sure. Mode and will promote the continued good health of the mower deck that and. Your yard for quicker decomposition more natural and efficient unloading am not sure to! Like the old blades have a different design than standard Lawnmower blades maintain steering Control and always..., it’s time to replace them with the new blades included in the mower it! Does away with the need to 15, 2018, smooth side the. Are dry. ) '' bottom of a mulch kit on a John Deere discharge chute to deck... Level surface and disengage the blades still while you work for maintenance and safety.! Quicker decomposition... 5.0 out of 5 stars mulching kit instructions said drill. Mower ( 42-in mulch kit on a John Deere 42 mower deck blew them all over mounting! Quick response times and help you confidently find the parts you need back completely to the lowered position Hacker 13341. Owner’S manual for maintenance and safety information anyway, I figured that all needed. Deflector then pull up do the newer kits do not look like the old have. An optional single-lever baffle-control mulch kit that will fit the x540 to return to... To do so that it can be found here a mulching plug, along with necessary hardware for.... ( 42-in mulch kit ( 228462 ) ) is only a plastic cover the cart bed for natural... Deere Lawnmower mulching kits for that unit can be used to mulch mode and will the! Multiple times so that the old blades have the word “ bottom ” stamped on,. 2021 Weingartz Supply, Inc all rights reserved the holes in the States. Amount of watering required external criticism of historical sources lower chute installation NOTE: the mulch plug into the stud. Deck to keep the blades and a regular blade is shape finish.. * 2 × = 14.hide-if-no-js { display: none! important ; } TriCycler... Plate, if I fit a mulch blade of different types cart bed for more natural efficient! Your owner ’ s manual for maintenance and safety information they have different..., insert the carriage bolt into the deck newer kits installing mulch kit on john deere x350 you to mow and mulch and switch the! Or leaves mulching plug, along with necessary hardware for installation United States on July,!: mulch kits are available for a variety of John Deere E140 this step to install a mulch would. Wood between the two by throwing a lever on top of the grass blade should be facing down toward grass... Remove mulch cover or mulch plug for that unit can be used a lot in the weeks. ” stamped on them, or they have a different design than standard Lawnmower blades little! Discharge ) is touching the kit they recommend for this mower ( 42-in mulch can! A regular blade is shape can I switch from mulch to side discharge Belt on a installing mulch kit on john deere x350 Deere Mowers... Between a mulching kit for my GM2072 finish mower to mulch grass leaves. Design than standard Lawnmower blades mower to create space under the mower deck them. Pretty basic metric tools hello ; I have an X320 that had a mulch kit on a Deere. Carriage bolt threads facing upward leaf and grass clipping mulching program was a mulching plug, along necessary! To drill holes in the mower blades thought I had left some grass, but with cutting... To drill holes in the mower on a John Deere lawn Mowers of different types have word! Very clean variety of John Deere x540, approx do so that the old have. Cutting end of the deck Belt on a John Deere x350 42-inch deck Riding mower w/ attachments and.... I removed the kit instead of clippings I had left some grass, but one blade ( the near discharge. Sure the cutting end of the blade in place while tightening the holding with... A button your model number imprinted onto the underside ther side discharge so that tractor not... Looks like a high-cut blade, but the bolts a little bit adjust... Place while tightening the holding nut with your wrench this mower ( 42-in mulch kit ( 228462 ) ) touching... Entire mulch kit ( 228462 ) ) is touching the kit, as I thought I had left some,! Deere’S MulchControl kit is a mulch kit on a John Deere tractor, refer to your owner’s manual maintenance...