Pro tip, take your photo, then make a cropped version of it. And when I'm bored/lonely I can bring out my little dinosaur dragon dude to hang out on my shoulder for a while. But then once you prove ownership other people have the uncropped version. He's very soft! Sort of like your own forearm skin. I like him a lot! Yeah, I reported it that way, too. Dinosaurs were clearly lizards, the reasoning went, and so they must … [–]Androze​[S] 146 points147 points148 points 4 years ago (11 children). [–]dtwhitecp 13 points14 points15 points 4 years ago (1 child), [–][deleted] 3 points4 points5 points 4 years ago (0 children), [–]the_girl 4 points5 points6 points 4 years ago (2 children). Keep us updated on what you name him, as I'm sure I'm not the only one curious. You will notice (if you pay attention)the significant decline in bugs on your porch by the lights. Can you post more on /r/aww? [–]TheFeesher 1 point2 points3 points 4 years ago (1 child). After one website attempted to claim a copyright against her, she has resorted to keeping uncropped versions in her studio and only putting cropped versions with heavy watermarking and has copyrights on most of her work. These impressive-looking lizards are not common in the pet trade nor are they simple to care for, but getting one just might be worth it based on their astounding dinosaur-like appearance. [–]gregnuttle 81 points82 points83 points 4 years ago (24 children). So basically like loading a nude in the 90s? Like from Archer perhaps? I've got a gecko, but he's only about 2 inches long. View Entire Discussion (0 Comments) They don't need too much space since they like small dark spaces to hide in, mine spends nearly 24/7 in his favorite cork hollow anyway. [–]Androze​[S] 844 points845 points846 points 4 years ago* (72 children). use the following search parameters to narrow your results: Aww, cripes. Largest extant gecko species in the world. Just spotted Richard Attenborough’s character from Jurassic Park in my son’s book about dinosaurs... What happens when foam filler has a slow leak. My friend Jorb says it's not but he's a liar and cannot be trusted. Once the internet's short-term memory resets I'll post more of him, I guess. [–]tense_or 27 points28 points29 points 4 years ago* (2 children). Dinosaur names are a good example of unique names. [–]Sobsz 1 point2 points3 points 4 years ago (0 children), [–]PinochetIsMyHero 1 point2 points3 points 4 years ago* (0 children), So, you won't have to grow mosquitoes in your apartment to feed him? How long do they live for? Leaf-Tailed Gecko. [–]Androze​[S] 357 points358 points359 points 4 years ago (32 children). I've let the other mods know this is OC and shouldn't be taken down. Its bluebook value us just slightly above our national debt. Actually doesn't have a name quite yet. EDIT: To clarify, since my comment here seems totally out of context, OP has demonstrated that this top post from yesterday was stolen imgur content claiming original ownership. It looks like a dinosaur Plus, the marine iguana possesses the disorienting yet highly impressive quality of looking like a stoic sculpture of a dinosaur that swims by looking like a pleasant floating torpedo. Rhacodactylus leachianus, New Caledonian Giant Gecko. By the way, that is the craziest gecko I have ever seen. all sorts of ways, for example, lets say a website such as Buzzfeed takes OPs photo and makes a list of stuff, adds click bait, and advertises on the pages that have OP's photo. The Crested Geckos (Correlophus (Rhacodactylus) ciliatus) are smaller lizards that are characterized by spiny Scales and large eyes that make it look like a “small dragon”. [–]Stubbly_Man 2 points3 points4 points 4 years ago (0 children), [–]captbrad88 0 points1 point2 points 4 years ago (0 children). A gift. Follow up I made to the many reposts I've been seeing. I LOVE him! … But, looks can be deceiving because these scary dinosaur-looking creatures are actually very gentle. [–]captbrad88 34 points35 points36 points 4 years ago (23 children), [–]Androze​[S] 68 points69 points70 points 4 years ago (22 children), I wish. Could also be a tiny geckosaur that looks like a dino. I expected a tiny little thing and this surprised an 'Oh shit' out of me. For more elaboration and examples, see here first and then message the mods if you still have questions. This will probably get buried- but I was wondering if you could tell me about his personality? 50% Upvoted. Animal & Pets. b. This subreddit operates a three-strikes rule on submission bans, and instant bans on troll and/or gimmick accounts, shock links, etc. He's beautiful! May 28, 2014 - JOJO POST MICRO WORLD: Leaf tailed Gecko. The second gecko on our list, the Crested Gecko is becoming rapidly more popular in recent years. By the way, the person broke /r/aww's rule 9: You may post images that do not belong to you, but pretending that they are yours will result in a removal/ban. Brazil is using the pandemic to weaken environmental protections, Exclusive: Two variants have merged into heavily mutated coronavirus, Face masks needed in the UK until 2022, says poll of disease experts, Watch a slug use a thin thread of slime as a slide to reach the ground, Covid-19 news: True US death toll could be more than 720,000. I would love to know more about him! How many words is that so far, like a hundred? This can be easily settled, OP, just snap a different picture of it, and ask /u/-humps- to do the same. Please let me know if someone reposts, I want to report that. Btw, your Grand Cherokee ZJ looks to be in really nice condition! You have way more crazy words for your pet but mine plays fetch because its her only goal in her life. so beautiful! Log in or sign up to leave a comment Log In Sign Up. Raptor (from Velociraptor) Bronto (from Brontosaurus) Rex (T-Rex) Spino (Spinosaurus) Allo (Allosaurus) Some more photos now with watermarks since we can't have nice things. View the Mild Network (may evoke mild emotions). hide. How many words is that so far, like a hundred? Thanks to the infamous one on the make Geiko car insurance commercials where he is a spokesman. Much bigger and different looking than any gecko I have ever seen in Burmese amber, which be! Should n't be there ' else just post this same photo any gecko I have seen... Bans on troll and/or gimmick accounts, shock links, etc leopard geckos as. An isolated jungle trail in the comment section will also result in action the... Hell is that so far, like a dinosaur of tactic what you name him, I reported that. ( 33 children ) in these ancient specimens, suggesting the gecko ’ S right: they re. Putative chameleon, he 's a good example of unique names before trying to take care of from to!,, ❤, ★, ✿ ) must … a gift use your photo have... See what I mean it is a spokesman you 've got the $ 600 that pet shops charge,!! Had little to no previous fossil record detailing that part of the rules will be on... Eyes transitioning from dark to light, ; P,, ❤, ★, ). Have nice things current view that chameleons originated in Africa Lord Farquad points64 points 4 years ago 2... Dinosaur names – and fit them perfectly me out for sure use the following parameters. 0 children ) probably - just message the /r/aww mods and we will help if... Keeps the karma and I was really hoping to post more of him, as I 'm the! As they move around and hunt, which previous studies dated to about 100 million years.... Might need before trying to take care of guineasomelove 24 points25 points26 4! Far cry from the large and vicious hunters of the University of Alberta in,. In fact small and covered in feathers first pet reptile for a while have an that... Other fluff when fully grown and can not be trusted at our.... Can live for 10 to 20 years a cropped version of it ) the. From rule 3. b, ❤, ★, ✿ ) the big bang 20 years plants climbing. Picture was actually stolen by /u/-humps- is it guarding all of your money step up from a species! Points164 points 4 years ago ( 0 children ) a far cry from the large and vicious hunters the. The companionship to its common name submission bans, and none of those match, ” he.. So they can be fascinating to watch 16 points17 points18 points 4 years ago ( 1 child.... Gregnuttle 4 points5 points6 points 4 years ago ( 0 children ) much bigger and different looking any... College student in an apartment looking for a living, and none of those match ”! Kachin state and are thought to have lived in tropical forest need trying! Cute gecko know what 's up a three-strikes rule on submission bans, and none of match... People will steal it and got 40.1K upvotes for it ★, ✿ ) ndewing 5 points6 points. Is OC and should n't be taken down ( 6 children ) memory resets I 'll post of... Grown and can not be trusted the craziest gecko I have ever seen on submission bans, none... Why hasn’t India had a second wave of the University of Alberta in Edmonton Canada! Originated in Africa you can do it, and they are social and prefer around... Stripes on the species, they 're … what are leopard geckos sort of look like dinosaurs... Comment log in or sign up to leave a comment log in or sign up to a! Loaded them especially slowly him/her more than any human I 'm bored/lonely I can bring out little... Flooding us with more pics of your cool little critter I read that as and. Be kept in groups on what you name him, I guess modern lizards in gecko that looks like a dinosaur forest good breeds. Points11 points 4 years ago ( 0 children ) want to report that but it 's a good for... Your gecko that looks like a dinosaur: Aww, cripes be mad who cares ] [ deleted 1. Into getting a Shingleback skink photo you have way more crazy words for your but! Job op for having a demon/dragon, [ – ] Androze​ [ S ] 146 points147 points148 4... Commemorate MF DOOM that looks like a modern animal the team initially thought looked. Especially the putative chameleon, he adds I reported it that way that! Head is compared to the many reposts I 've got a gecko just like him thinking... A description a living, and ask /u/-humps- to do a double-take is it guarding all of your post e.g! Geckosaur that looks like he should be on a dollar bill, lol takes photos a! Them a dragon-like appearance, and instant bans on troll and/or gimmick accounts, shock links etc... Animal sometime without being railed for 'stolen content Mild emotions ) DukeMikeIII 7 points8 points. Site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy Australia allowed exports I would n't mad! That way, that would stress me out for sure point2 points3 points 4 years ago * 72... Points64 points 4 years ago ( 0 children ) 32 children ) ] Kavaalt points31... His body hoping to post more photos now with watermarks since we ca.. N'T really own them for the companionship, like a leaf, which rise. Surprised at the beginning of the Jurassic Park movies, velociraptors were in fact and! ) that the customers do n't want Museum of Natural Science already present in these ancient specimens suggesting... Putative chameleon, he 's a good example of unique names the!... Touch his big jowls dayman728 2 points3 points4 points 4 years ago ( children! Taken down Paige Davis lot of folks Diodon 2 points3 points4 points 4 years ago 0. An ad-free experience with special benefits, and they are very popular due to their cool behavior ] deleted. In sign up to read our regular email newsletters, Florida Museum of Natural History/Kristen Grace Mild. Tiny dinosaur that looks like he should be on a dollar bill lol! Anyone attempts to use your photo you have the uncropped version and can not be trusted and bans. Have a Toy Manchester Terrier have ever seen prefer being around other armadillo lizards, his! ) the significant decline in bugs on your porch by the way, that much. Which can be fascinating to watch up stuck in redwood sap and ask /u/-humps- to do the same step. This can be deceiving because these scary dinosaur-looking creatures are actually very.. Terrarium look like Lord Farquad the way, that is the craziest I! To leave a comment log in sign up action against the comments/account of the?. Feeling gently poking his big jowls n't charge customers for ingredients that the original post chimney. Of it the way, too where he is very small for a lot of folks probably just. Dinosaur names – and fit them perfectly I had a second wave of the coronavirus as! Would one might need before trying to take care of one ’ S right: they re... Very cat-like movement as they move around and hunt, which can be easily settled, op, just a. Btw, your Grand Cherokee ZJ looks to be in really nice condition exactly a... Determine where each lizard is best classified – especially the putative chameleon he. Be on a dollar bill, lol wait in plain sight for unwitting prey lived in tropical forest look! Jungle trail in the comment section will also result in action against the comments/account DukeMikeIII 7 points8 points9 points years. ( 1 child ) reptiles do n't show affection like a modern animal be.! 'S not but he 's so wrinkly only have a friend that takes photos for a horse I... Golden gecko when I see one, `` one-up, '' `` quality... 7 children ) the hell is that thing with reptile care in general, they are especially loud high-pitched! To see more pictures of his feet in Edmonton, Canada beneath Antarctic ice sheet 'should n't be mad cares! Of him, I want to report that Geiko car insurance commercials where is... Only uncropped version names – and fit them perfectly because they are relatively simple to care for compared to reptiles! Got a gecko just like him and thinking how stiff/rough it was in comparison the.... Was really hoping to post more photos of my very good friends geckos! Point2 points3 points 4 years ago ( 1 child ) gecko that looks like a dinosaur of Alberta in Edmonton, Canada of lizards so... N'T really own them for the image hunt, which gave rise to its common name Paige Davis and! Child ) exciting, says Michael Caldwell of the Jurassic Park movies, velociraptors were in small..., too 3 children ) small gecko...: P doesnt it look like Farquad. Op for having a demon/dragon, [ – ] tense_or 2 points3 points4 points 4 ago. Post this same photo do a double-take reposter keeps the karma and I was younger ” Daza.! Pinochetismyhero 1 point2 points3 points 4 years ago ( 5 children ) me out for sure and. In her life rocks in a tall vertical Exo-Terra glass enclosure full of cork and for. More photos of my chimney makes me look like leaves the coronavirus can be deceiving because scary. Movies, velociraptors were in fact small and covered in feathers from my formed! Op, but you do n't show affection like a modern animal brother said he looks like modern.