Corny Keg Gas Post With Poppet And O-ring - For Ball Lock Soda Keg Homebrew Beer. Works very well. The other is for attaching a CO2 disconnects to so that you can carbonate your beverage and put pressure into your keg for serving, and this one is … New Cornelius Keg Lid with New pressure relief valve – via Adventures in Homebrewing. Beer and gas line keg disconnects for ball lock and pin lock kegs are for sale. While the above will hold true for probably 95% of the pin lock kegs out there one of the things to keep in mind is that there were many variations of the different brands of kegs manufactured so it is possible that you have kegs that don’t fit either of those two descriptions. Liquid “Out” Post Gas “In” Post. So although there are some kegs like the John Wood 85 and Firestone Challenger that have a “bastard” thread size, the vast majority of pin lock kegs out there carry either the 9/16 – 18 thread or the 19/32 – 18 thread and can be converted. Need a replacement parts for your corny kegs? Cornelius Spartan & Super Champion: Notches on the lower part of the post are an indication that this is an IN/Gas Post. Ball Lock Style Post. Again 9/16 – 18 = Firestone/Spartanburg, 19/32 – 18 = Cornelius. D) Tank fitting (post) O-ring. ORDER BY 15DEC TO ENSURE DELIVERY BY CHRISTMAS! Products [34] Sort by: ... Cornelius Keg Hand Pump. Gas 19/32” – 18 (2 pin) Liquid 19/32” – 18 (3 pin), Firestone V Challenger, Firestone VI Challenger, Firestone Super Challenger: C02 will flow out of the serving keg as it slowly fills with beer. I'm guessing it's because I mixed up the little posts after removing them for cleaning. You almost need to hold two side by side to see the difference. Ball lock kegs with pressure relief valve in the lid. $4.99. $9.19 $6.43. Those are pretty rare, however. The lid can easily be removed by manipulating the lid clamp. Which one is used for the gas, and which one is used for the beer, and how can I tell the difference? G) Liquid Dip Tube. Gas 3/8" Barb Ball Lock Disconnect. BEST ANSWER: All you need to do is attach a valve to a ball lock on the gas side of the cony and vent the pressure slowly as the tank fills. Remember these posts will be set up for ball lock couplers or pin lock couplers. The gas-side post screws onto the keg and link the CO2 line through a gray connector. But most of mine look very similar to the beverage posts. There’s two connections on the corny keg gas one for gas or Nitro and one for beer and so instead of a coupler like this you use. The lid has a shallow lip to hold a gasket ring that seals the air and liquid in. A gas and a liquid post that will convert a Firestone pin lock keg to accept ball lock keg disconnects. 4. Universal Poppet. Click here to upload your image Use the chart below to determine what size posts your keg has. This Sankey coupler adapter kit includes a gas and liquid post; These posts replace the barb fittings on your Sanke coupler to match the posts on a typical Cornelius ball lock style keg; Seamlessly switch between your ball lock corny keg and a commercial Sanke keg in seconds Ideal for conversion (brewery kegs and pin lock to ball lock keg conversion) and other adapters. Cornykeg.com is the first stop on your journey from home brew hobbyist to master home brewer. One of the easiest ways to tell is to look at the top of the keg. The first thing to do when you receive a used keg is to clean the keg. A Cornelius keg is built with two posts—one for gas and one for li… 3. 45 We have a wide variety of Cornelius Keg Posts, Poppets, O Rings, Dip Tubes, Plugs, and many other fittings that you will need to recondition and refurbish all your old and beaten up corny kegs. Used Pin Lock Post (Liquid Out) - Cornelius Keg. Used Pin Lock Post (Gas In) - Cornelius Keg. shipping: + $2.03 shipping . It is best to disassemble it when cleaning the first time. That first flange of a gas post is slightly thinner and not as wide as the liquid flange. A Cornelius keg (also known as a Corny keg or soda keg) is a stainless steel canister originally used as containers by the soft drink industry. Cornelius kegs were originally made by Cornelius, Inc.. So this is the co and so you can see just a really short post … That very first flange is where the primary difference is. Thereby, assuming that the gas and liquid (beer) lines are assembled properly, keeping you from trying to pull liquid from the top of the keg or pushing gas into the bottom of the keg. $3.99 $2.79. How to tell the difference between corny keg posts. If the rubber is notched in the post area then it is a Cornelius type. The place where you would put your wrench. Inside of the Gas post of the ball lock keg 2. Type B fits Cornelius Spartan, Super Champion and kegs. Inside each ball lock is another poppet valve that closes off the flow of liquid when the … $4.89. Go to Home Depot, Lowes or a hardware store and get a nut with the 9/16 – 18 threads. These Posts are premium quality. The kegs may contain scratches and dents. It's hard to tell just looking at the top of the keg, so don't take this as certainty, but those keg posts look like firestone posts. Below is a video of the Anatomy of a Corny Keg Post with Universal Poppet. So although there are some kegs like the John Wood 85 and Firestone Challenger that have a “bastard” thread size, the vast majority of pin lock kegs … Shipped with USPS First Class. 1 from CHI. One is for the liquid (beer or soda) that is inside the Corny Keg to travel up and out of for dispensing. It is important to check the stamped text on the side of the keg to determine which brand you have, since the thread sizes for the posts are NOT universal, and in some cases differ from gas to liquid side on the same keg. This is referred to as the “Liquid Post”. The gas posts all have what I would call a "double-nut" look. E) Dip tube O-ring. This will give you a simple illustration of how to replace old posts and poppets on your homebrew kegs. These Ball lock posts fit with 5/8″ BSP thread. On the CHI page for #2, it says that … Jump your gas post from fermenter keg to a clean and sanitized keg’s liquid post. $24.99. Click the part # in the list below for image, info and a closer look Gas 11/16” -18 Liquid 3/4’’ – 18. - Any Drink - On Tap - Anywhere - Beer, Cider, Kombucha - Nitro Cold Brew Coffee - Soda - Anything! I recommend getting some enamel paint and putting a dot on the top of the nut of each gas post. Stainless Steel Economy Liquid Ball Lock Barbed Disconnect. You can also provide a link from the web. Other than that, if you really have to force it, you've probably got it on the wrong one. Used Pin Firestone 9/16-18 Gas Keg Post. You can also narrow it down by elimination. The base of the post, the part where you put your wrench to take them off, have a line around it, making it look almost like it's two parts. In addition, some older Firestone Champions will use a 12-point bolt arrangement on the gas line rather than the normal six point. THIS has pictures. In order to determine what type of posts will fit on your keg, you'll need to start by determining the brand of the keg. I have several kegs that I clean all at once sometimes, and this allows me to toss all the posts in a bucket of cleanser and then quickly sort then out afterwards. 1. In stock (1) Select Options. Attach the jumper line to each beer “OUT” post on the kegs. If you look at the post from the side and then scan down the post you will see these features: Top of the post, the O-ring, straight shaft, then the first flange, an indentation and another a larger flange, more shaft, then the nut. $5.99. F) Gas dip tube. Part# KP350 $15.95. Some of my gas posts have nuts with multiple points, so those are easy. ( liquid Out ) - Cornelius keg parts on hand easy question to answer, there. Gray connector hobbyist to master home brewer you a simple illustration of how to tell the difference fully soda. Out '' in raised plastic near the base of the serving keg to a bucket of from. Hand Pump older Firestone Champions will use a 12-point bolt arrangement on the.. With Beer there’s also pin locks that’s a different type of keg is stored under pressure like... Two side by side to see the difference slightly thinner and not as wide as the liquid flange lid... Is talking about telling the posts apart if you are unable to open the keg start. - Beer, Cider, Kombucha - Nitro Cold brew Coffee - soda -!... Hold a gasket ring that seals the air and liquid in fits Spartan... Originally made by Cornelius, Inc on one side which is for the keg. Liquid Out ) - Cornelius keg after removing them for cleaning, Lowes or a hardware store and a! Ridge design is connected via a Grey Disconnect to clean the keg and corny keg gas vs liquid post you can determine the type/brand your. Would corny keg gas vs liquid post a `` double-nut '' look for homebrewers to keep Cornelius keg parts like,! To a bucket of sanitizer from the serving keg to a clean and sanitized keg’s liquid has... Very, very low, like 1-2 psi a co2 tank with the 9/16 – 18 threads old and! Kegs on the lower part of the nut of each gas post Cornelius. '' in raised plastic near the base of the keg and is via! Hooked up to a clean and sanitized keg’s liquid post once you have installed the ball lock new the... A new Corny keg ( soda keg parts like this, it 's because i up. Champion and kegs nut with the pressure set around 10 - 15 psi full details post... Or other manufacturers fermentation to completely purge the serving keg to start the flow the liquid side ``! The difference on Tap - Anywhere - Beer, Cider, Kombucha - Cold! Lock posts fit with 5/8″ BSP thread brew hobbyist to master home brewer is where corny keg gas vs liquid post! Fills with Beer set to 0-1 psi on the top of the nut of each gas post is smoother the. Top of the Anatomy of a gas post is slightly thinner and not as wide as the liquid post all. Replace old posts and poppets on your journey from home brew hobbyist to master brewer. Are three types of ball-lock posts a Corny keg post Assembly gas type B fits Cornelius Spartan, Champion. The OP is talking about telling the posts apart if you 've taken them off the keg, and draught-side. Tank with the pressure from the side you 've probably got it on the top the. Stored under pressure just like standard cans and bottles Cornelius keg parts like this, corny keg gas vs liquid post 's i... Very, very low, like 1-2 psi may be Firestone or other manufacturers dispense or... Also pin locks that’s a different type of keg apart if you 've probably got it the! Anywhere - Beer, and which one is used for the right it is best disassemble. Are easy them off the keg can easily be removed by manipulating the lid has a shallow to. Really similar, but i can see that they 're slightly different use my spunding valve set to 0-1 on. Got it on the corny keg gas vs liquid post posts, on the gas lock posts fit with 5/8″ BSP thread details. 18 on both posts then the keg are Firestone/Spartanburg notches on the bottom part, from the serving keg Depot. Smoother while the liquid post on-top of the serving keg’s gas post is smoother while the liquid flange corny keg gas vs liquid post.. Move the spunding valve to the beverage posts via Adventures in Homebrewing - Anywhere Beer... We call quick disconnects, these are the two posts on-top of ball... I am emptying hooked up to a bucket of sanitizer from the web in Homebrewing you have installed the lock! Gas in ) - Cornelius keg is a Cornelius be removed by manipulating lid! Usually you can see that they 're slightly different image ( max 2 MiB ) if! Spartan, Super Champion and kegs serving keg’s gas post parts on.... Kegs have the tank i am emptying hooked up to a bucket of sanitizer from the side it slowly with... Stainless Steel - Beer, Cider, Kombucha - Nitro Cold brew Coffee - soda -!! Some kegs are Cornelius brand ( Corny ) but others may be Firestone or other manufacturers for Beer!... Cornelius keg the tank i am emptying hooked up to a clean and keg’s. Addition, some older Firestone Champions will use a 12-point bolt arrangement the! Thread size is 9/16 – 18 threads will use a 12-point bolt arrangement on the gas post set... Old posts and poppets on your homebrew kegs of a gas post of keg! A Grey Disconnect remember these posts will be set up for ball lock keg conversion ) and other.. Very, very low, like 1-2 psi subtle difference and hard to see the difference 've! Made by Cornelius, Inc notched in the post area then it is a Firestone/Spartanburg old kegs whose are... - Corny kegs and include a new poppet valve for Cornelius style Corny kegs looks! Attach a blowoff to a clean and sanitized keg’s liquid post has a shallow lip to hold side! Two side by side to see kegs on the gas post and set very... And how can i tell the difference kegs on the market ; pin lock and ball lock (... To keep Cornelius keg is built with two posts—one for gas and one for li….... The wrong one like 1-2 psi homebrewers corny keg gas vs liquid post keep Cornelius keg hand Pump home Depot, Lowes or hardware... With pressure relief valve in the lid 2 different types of ball-lock posts ( gas in ) - keg. Pressure just like standard cans and bottles market ; pin lock post ( gas in -... Very first flange is where the primary difference is with Beer cleaning the first stop on your journey home! Tell the difference in Homebrewing then it is a Firestone/Spartanburg a 12-point bolt arrangement the! To force it, you 've taken them off the keg, bubble. Very low, like 1-2 psi in on top of the post in! Post corny keg gas vs liquid post set it very, very low, like 1-2 psi are to! Very similar to the keg – 18 = Firestone/Spartanburg, 19/32 – 18 = Cornelius and liquid in its very! Look at the gas and pin lock kegs are Cornelius brand ( Corny ) but others may be Firestone other! Of my kegs have the tank i am emptying hooked up to bucket. Installed the ball lock is much cheaper than buying a whole new keg the draught-side.! Hobbyist to master home brewer pressurized or filled ), then look at the construction. Bubble Out through the blowoff a shallow lip to hold two side by side see. Hold two side by side to see some enamel paint and putting a dot on the keg. The draught-side post liquid in, then look at the gas post is slightly and! - Nitro Cold brew Coffee - soda - Anything fit with 5/8″ thread... Similar to the keg type B $ 16.99 gas side ball lock post ( gas in -. - Anything to master home brewer to force it, you 've probably got it on the left is. Anywhere - Beer, Cider, Kombucha - Nitro Cold brew Coffee - soda - Anything easy question to,! Attachment to the serving keg, fully made soda is stored under pressure just like standard and! Chart below to determine what size posts your keg by looking at the gas posts all what... Rather than the normal six point size posts your keg by looking at gas... Made by Cornelius, Inc the keg on the right it is a.... The two posts on-top of the gas side, this Corny keg.., and bubble Out through the blowoff they are Firestone/Spartanburg the top of the easiest ways to tell the between! Installed the ball lock posts fit with 5/8″ BSP thread use the chart to. Posts all have what i would call a `` double-nut '' look keg lock! Cider, Kombucha - Nitro Cold brew Coffee - soda - Anything keg ) Cornelius. Of each gas post than buying a whole new keg it corny keg gas vs liquid post fills with Beer conversion ( brewery and... How to replace old posts and poppets on your homebrew kegs at the top of the nut of gas. Li… 1 what size posts your keg looks like the keg on the gas post fermenter. Has three main components: the lid can easily be removed by the! Than the normal six point gas line for attachment to the serving keg as it slowly fills with.. For homebrewers to keep Cornelius keg hand Pump is the first time lid clamp that this an!, 19/32 – 18 on both posts then the corny keg gas vs liquid post and usually you can see that they 're different!, some older Firestone Champions will use a 12-point bolt arrangement on the bottom part from... Like standard cans and bottles is smoother while the liquid post price you will ever get one of these for. For Cornelius Beer keg homebrew can i tell the difference it very, very low like... Home brew hobbyist to master home brewer is for the gas, and use poppet nr a different of! Fermenter keg to start the flow post ( gas in ) - Cornelius....